SCOTTISH GEMMOLOGIST AND VALUER
About Us - Overview
This jewellery appraisal practice offers an efficient, professional and yet friendly jewellery valuation service, providing fully researched and detailed valuation reports for the discerning private client and quality conscious jeweller.
- Valuation fees are fixed and are quoted prior to starting work
- Same-day personal service
- The reports are generally considered to be the profession's gold standard
- Valuation and gemmological services only. Jewellery is NOT bought, sold or brokered
This Perth based ▶award-winning◀ jewellery appraisal practice serves clients from the Central Scotland, Aberdeenshire, Fife, Lothian and Angus areas but service is also available via quality Jewellers throughout Scotland.
About - Credentials
Adrian Smith is the Founder and Co-ordinator of the Association of Independent Jewellery Valuers (AIJV), an international organisation dedicated to encouraging the highest ethical standards. Institute of Registered Valuers 'DAVID WILKINS AWARD' winner - 2010
- Fellow of the Gemmological Association of Great Britain (Gem-A)
- Fellow of the NAG Institute of Registered Valuers (IRV)
- Founding Member of the Association of Independent Jewellery Valuers (AIJV)
- Member of the Scottish Gemmological Association (SGA)
- Senior Member of the National Association of Jewelry Appraisers USA (NAJA)
- Senior Accredited Gemologist of the Accredited Gemologists Association USA (AGA)
About - Biography
Adrian Smith is a prize winning jewellery valuation expert having received the Institute of Registered Valuers' "David Wilkins Award" in 2010.
With ▶35 years trade experience,◀ Adrian has lived and breathed gemstones and diamonds for most of his life and is as passionate about jewellery today as he was when he first entered the trade as a teenager.
He understands that the "value" of your gems to you is not always financial and delights in offering an exceptional client-focused service, irrespective of the monetary value of your possessions or size of the assignment.
Enthusiastically involved in the jewellery industry, he founded the Association of Independent Jewellery Valuers and is actively involved in several jewellery and gemmology trade organisations in the UK and USA.