INDEPENDENT JEWELLERY VALUATION
Valuations for jewellery, diamonds, gemstones and watches:
This fully researched and bound documentation provides an unbiased and solid foundation for your intended purpose, which may include: Valuation for Insurance Replacement - Confirmation of Will (probate) - Divorce Settlement - Capital Gains Assessment - Liquidation etc.
View a sample Jewellery Valuation
The valuation service is available either on an appointment basis from the office and gemmological laboratory in Perth or via a network of participating ▶jewellers in Scotland.◀
Call now for an instant quote to carry out your wishes.
As an Independent Valuer and Appraiser, the fees are not based on a percentage of value. Where possible an exact price is given prior to making an appointment.
- A report charge of £85, plus:.
- £45 for each non gem-set item - £70 for each gem-set item & watch
- £70 for each group of up to 10 lower value items (typically below £500 each)
- Re-valuations are charged at the report charge plus £15 per item.
Exceptional items requiring extensive additional research or diamond plotting will incur an additional fee.
A free "Item Assessment" consultation is availble to those who are unsure what work is required. An estimate for the required work is given for the client's consideration.
Gemmological & Appraisal Services
Diamond grading, gemstone identification, damage reports, colour assessments.
Appraisal Services and Consultations:
- Pre-purchase reports for the public, jewellery trade and auction houses
- Consultations to establish Equitable Distribution
- Advice regarding purchase or disposal of jewellery, diamonds and gemstones
- Pre-litigation advice and support relating to jewels and gems
Please note: Adrian Smith is an Independent Jewellery Valuer and as such does not buy, sell or broker.
The Perth-based office has a fully equipped ▶gemmological laboratory◀ and a client area with a library, magazines, music and cofffee.